Saturday, July 02, 2005

thanks...

for the support everyone. not that i was surprised to get such a pro-therapy response from all of my therapy-attending friends... i am going to call J's therapist for a recommendation as soon as i get back from iowa city. i know it will take time, and it will be hard, and that i will never be totally "cured" of being sad about my parents. i just want to be able to think about them without crying.
lately, i have been getting really sad about my dad. today, J and i were driving in to work along lakeshore drive, listening to a sam cooke tape that belonged to dad, and i was suddenly overcome with sadness and started to cry. i saw the beach that we went to after he helped me move to chicago, and i was listening to the music that he loved to dance to, and i just started to miss him so much. i hate that he won't get to dance with me at my wedding. i know it sounds stupid, but i think that his death has not really hit me yet. i think that his death brought back my mom's death so strongly that it distracted me from actually losing him.
yikes, i don't like the idea of another wave of grief just building offshore. i suppose therapy can help me batten down the hatches.

on an even sadder note- is anyone else scared as hell of our supreme court now? sandy, why are you leaving us? who's going to save us from the church? who's going to be our moderate voice of reason? i'm glad i'm still renting; it will make it easier to move to canada when the crazy christians finish conquering our government.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Marc's ring has "one day at a time" inscribed in it. He actually hates this and feels like it means I would leave him whenever I wanted to...but I feel like it means that every day you wake up with someone it's a choice to be with him or her...if you keep making that choice then you know you really want to be with the person...it's not an obligation. It's a choice.