Monday, June 27, 2005

tell me i'm not crazy...

i never thought it would happen to me. i thought i would be safe. i saw it happen to my other friends, read about it in magazines, saw it in the movies and on tv, but i thought i would be different. i thought i was stronger. but it has happened.

i am obsessed with wedding planning. and i've got it bad.

i buy every wedding magazine i can get my hands on, even the ones in the sealed plastic bags with the free budget planner notebooks and the target gift registries. i log on to indiebride or the knot at least twice a day. i can't wait to go to flea markets this summer and look for interesting stuff for centerpieces. recently i even had the urge to rent "my best friend's wedding" and "runaway bride" JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ABOUT WEDDINGS!!!!

i have a problem. it has to stop. the wedding is still a year away, and i have everything done except for buying the flowers and writing my vows.

i fear i am lost.

tell me i'm not completely out of my mind. tell me this is normal. at least tell me this is normal for ME....

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wedding planning is fun. There's really no downside to what you're doing, except that you're going to spend a ton of money on a bunch of magazines that will just be sitting there in a year. So have fun with it!

I wish I was wedding planning. Want to switch? Then I could be sure the whole thing was going to end in a positive way...unless of course...a hurricane sweeps through Virginia on your wedding weekend...but I mean...come on...THAT's never going to happen, right?

You should post the wedding dresses you're in love with.

Le Synge Bleu said...

have fun and enjoy it - i not, what's the point?