Monday, January 29, 2007

Tagged

as dictated by the lovely Synge, here are five things that you probably didn't know about me. i find this exercise easier than some, simply because i don't blog as often as they do, i am at least somewhat secretive by nature, and my husband (who knows absolutely everything about me at any given moment, due to my bad habit of babbling-on senslesly to him after a long day locked away in my attic office/garrett with no one to talk to- the man has the patience of a saint, or perhaps he has just trained himself to go temporarily deaf at the appropriate times, in which case he wouldn't know these things either) doesn't read this blog:

1. i started another blog last september when i was going through a brief career mini-crisis, just before i got my current job. it was called "starting from scratch", and i don't remember the address (but it was on blogger).

2. i have a deep fear of falling down stairs, and am convinced that one day i will indeed fall down a flight or two.

3. when i was ten or twelve, i briefly had a huge crush on my third cousin, Rice, who is now a school teacher somewhere in New England. (okay synge, you may have known this one, but you didn't know that he was a teacher now, i'm sure)

4. the only foods i truly hate are radishes, liver and baby corn (and the thought of the three combined almost makes me gag just to type it).

5. i truly enjoy the album "J-Lo: Tha' Remixes", and even went out of my way to buy a new copy of it when it was released. i am not ashamed- it's a great album to work out to. i also appreciate christina aguilera's music, and think her current style phase is quite adorable. so there- i like cheesy modern pop music.

that was fun! i want to name more things (it's so cathartic):

6. i rarely wear socks without a pattern or cutesy design on them- my sock drawer is chock full of novelty socks. one of my favorite pairs has a tiny basket full of apples beneath an apple tree and the rest of the sock is strewn with fruit and leaves. i am also partial to a pair with a tiny little native american couple standing by a teepee.

7. i really enjoyed the movie "along came polly", though i am a little embaressed to admit that; i thought jennifer aniston was really likeable.

8. if i were to win the lottery today, i would immediatly go to school to get a masters in folklore and/or mythology. useless in the world of careers, but absolutely fascinating.

9. when i was little i really wanted to live in a hollowed out tree (like the boy in the book "My Side of the Mountain" ) or in a tree house (like the Disney version of Swiss Family Robinson). sometimes i still do.

10.the sounds of styrafoam being broken into pieces or shoes crunching in (dry) snow set my teeth on edge.

11. i am 1/16th cherokee indian, and when i was applying to colleges, my mom tried to see if that qualified me for a minority scholarship (it didn't- you can't be less than 1/8th).

okay, i should probably stop and get back to my library reading, though i could keep digging up obscure facts about myself all day. does that make me self-centered? probably. oh well. i can't think of anyone to tag, as everyone who reads this blog has already been tagged.

2 comments:

Le Synge Bleu said...

Okay, what does that mean that there were more than one I didn't know? Some of it is ascribed to bad memory undoubtedly (the novelty socks....me too! maybe that's where I got it from and forgot?), is the rest ascribed to bad little sistership? And about the tree, all I have to say is remember the redwoods and the hollowed out tree at our very campsite? (not to mention the bear faces while eating stew?)**sigh** I miss that.

CHANTEUSE said...

No, it's not you, it's me- I like to keep my quirky little secrets. And I will admit that I did have to dig a bit to come up with so many that I didn't think anyone would know. You are an excellent little sister, and by that I mean that you would never break into my room and read my diary just to find out my deepest darkest secrets (which, by the way, you actually already know).

I miss the redwoods and the bear faces too. **double sigh**