Friday, January 12, 2007

silly rabbit, nerves are for kids!

I. LOVE. LIBRARY. SCHOOL. PERIOD.

i know this may seem premature, given my last nervous-wreck-of-a-post, and given the fact that i have only been to one class, but i really feel like this is my jam, the jam i have been looking for for oh so long. i love my teacher (she's actually the teacher for both of my classes)- she reminds me of mary gross (it took me forever to come up with that name- i knew right away she reminded me of someone) from saturday night live, only blonder, and more ironic. the syllabus...- syllabusses? syllabi?- for the two classes are very clear, and neither class requires more than 12 pages of writing (double spaced) which should be a breeze. we also have to give presentations in both classes, which should make handy use of my theatrical background, and i have already picked a topic for one of our presentations- the oral history association (neato!).

okay, i know i am a total dork, but i am so excited to be studying library science! there's so much neat information, and so many interesting applications and research methods and resources to explore.- yippeee! i know there will be boring bits, but it can't be but so bad in a career that's based around learning new information and teaching other people how to find new information- constant intellectual stimulation, just what i've always wanted!!!!

i'll stop now. have to do some reading for class...

2 comments:

CHANTEUSE said...

Thanks for the support! Jay is very excited about the sexy librarian image, I must say.

I would love to talk to other librarians, so if you wanted to pass along my email to your friends, that would rock. If they want to get in touch, yay, if not, no biggie. As I move on with classes, I am discovering that my career goals for the MLS are definitely going to fluctuate; there are just so many different areas that a librarian can work in! But that's a good thing, I know- it's nice to finally be getting a degree that will give me options.

Juli said...

I just found your blog from a line of web surfing. It started with Mim, then her daughter Mica, then Synge and, well, here I am. I've been tagged to list the 5things so I was reading to see what other people posted. THEN I saw that you were in liberry skool. I hope to start an online program this fall. Guess I better stop with that procrastination thing and actually apply. I'll keep an eye on your site.