Sunday, September 18, 2005

i am officially a simon and garfunkel song

my therapist told me on friday that he gets the impression that i have made myself into some sort of an 'island', that i isolate myself from people and from life because of my fears of getting hurt. the therapist i went to right after my mom died used the same metaphor, that i was 'an island', and 'a ship lost at sea'.

synge and i used to laugh at these psycho-babbly images.

i always wanted to say, "but an island never cries, and i cry all the time..."

1 comment:

Le Synge Bleu said...

you're still my favorite island to visit - the most worthwhile vacation destination, despite the sometimes rocky terrain. once braved, the island is rich with all the glorious treasures of nature...the prize for those with the determination and endurance to hike in. those are usually the most amazing sights to see, in general, and a little protection prevents overdevelopment which ruins natural resources.

but i'm still laughing at the psycho-babble.

hmmm...if an island is volcanic, does that sort of count as crying? in a way?