Thursday, December 21, 2006

ummmmmm

okay, the titling posts with sounds thing may have to end here- i'm out of sounds. not much to write about today though, so the sound may be appropriate after all.

it's raining here, and will be all weekend- bummer. "i'm dreaming of a wet Christmas" just doesn't have the same ring to it. though i'm sure that there are many colorado-ians (-ites?) who would be more than happy to pass on the white Christmas they're having- yikes, that's a lot of snow! looks like kristoise got out of that state just in time...

had my Christmas night with J last night, and, as usual, it just dissolved into a night of drinking too much wine and falling asleep on the couch watching a Christmas episode of south park (see sarachkah- you're really not missing much). decided to skip "IAWL" (too long to write out), as it's actually a pretty depressing movie, and we were late getting to dinner. our waitress at dinner was a total beeyotch, even though J and i gave her every opportunity to redeem herself ( too bad for her really, as we are very generous customers, and she screwed herself right out of a great tip).the german village thing was fun though, complete with carolers. i love Christmas in the city.

walking around the german bazaar made me think of my Dad. the last time he visited me in Chicago, we went there and he bought me a purple knit hat which i still have, even thought it's too small for my head. i saw the same hat stand and my eyes misted up a bit. i was talking to a co-worker yesterday about him and it re-sparked my interest in writing down my family history (in fictional form, of course). i have been meaning to write a short story/ novella/ play/ screenplay about my father and his various wives and children for some time now, but i just can't seem to get started. maybe i will make that a goal for the new year (i won't say 'resolution'- that's just doomed to fail). i have a snazzy title and everything, and i've already cast the movie (i will be played by ms. kate winslet, of course...), so writing it out should just be cake.

well, back to a long day of not working. my friend R is coming up to meet me for lunch and stocking stuffer shopping, so that should break up the monotony. hope it stops raining by then...

No comments: